Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Scans

This is my first attempt at scanning my own pictures. I scanned all my other postcards on my mom's scanner. I guess I figured how my scanner works because it seems to do just fine.


This postcard was from a private swap that I did with Maria from Nova Scotia. I told her that I liked churches and this is the card she sent me. She is a botanist and wanted a postcard of Texas wildflowers so I sent her a card of Texas Bluebonnets. Thanks again Maria.


This unusual postcard was sent to me by Dina in Lyon, France. She said that Lyon is the 3rd largest city in France and that Lyon is known for its historical and architectual landmarks and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. She also said that Lyon has a reputation as the French capital of gastronomy (an interdisciplinary study of food and culture. It is the study of cooking food, but also how food influences and interacts with its culture.) Thanks Dina!

No comments: