Friday, August 8, 2008

Kaj Stenvall


I received this postcard from Julia in Finland. She is a high school student studying to be a nurse practitioner. Way to go Julia. This postcard is a painting by a Finnish artist named Kaj Stenvall. This one is called "Without Hands" and was painted in 2006. I had noticed that many members of postcrossing were wanting postcards of his paintings from Finnish members. So, of course, I looked him up on the Internet. He is well known in many parts of Europe. The signature of his paintings is the duck. The duck looks a little like Donald Duck but has nothing to do with Disney's Donald Duck. Whatever Stenvall paints, he incorporates this duck into the painting and makes it unique. He has been making these kinds of paintings since 1989. You can go to www.kajstenvall.com and see pictures of all his paintings with his "duck". Thanks Julia for sending me my first kaj stenvall postcard. I hope to be receiving more.

No comments: