Friday, August 15, 2008

Australia Musings

I have once again lagged behind on getting all my postcrossing mail up on my blog. Between work, church activities, SALSA activities, family in from out of town for a visit, my life has been quite hectic.

As I stated on an earlier blog entry, my friend Beverley, from Australia have been communicating via e-mail and instant messaging. She asked me if I would send her daughter, Kira, some stamps from the USA. I told her that I would be glad to send some stamps along with some postcards from the U.S. She said she would do the same for me. I had told her that my mom, Beachcomber, was also a postcrosser. Beverley said she would send my mom some stamps and postcards too.


Both my mom and I received our packages from Beverley on Monday. Beverley sent me four postcards from Australia and LOTS of beautiful stamps as you can see above. They are so beautiful and interesting to look at.

Below are the four postcards from Australia that she sent. It has made me want to go to Australia even more!





Well, well, I can't seem to find my fourth postcard on my computer. Well, I guess I will have to do some looking and see if I actually scanned it or not. I will post it later.

I have also received three more postcards since Monday. I have scanned these so let see if I can find them on my computer!


This beautiful card was sent to me by Jonna in Finland. She knew I liked the winter and snow so this is the card she chose for me. She said that where she lives she does not get much snow but in Lapland they get alot of it. I thought all of Finland got alot of snow! Thanks again, Jonna.







Chantal from The Netherlands sent me this postcard. She said she used to live in Hilversum but has recently moved to a small village called Nederhorst denberg. She said it is near Amsterdam. She said it is so small they dont even have postcards of it! Thanks Chantal.



Susanna from Dresden sent me this beautiful map card. Dresden is located in the Freistadt Sachsen which tranlated in English means The Free State of Saxony. This is in the southeast area of Germany. Thanks again, Susanna.

No comments: