Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Finnish-ing Up

It has been awhile since I have had the time to blog. Summertime got busy. The last 3 postcards I have received have come from Finland. This first one comes from Maija and she lives in Jamsankoski, Finland. She said that the card is designed by a Finnish artist named Minna Immonen. Maija even said to say hello to Charlie (my dog).


My second card from Finland is of Kerimaen kirkko (the church at Kerimaki). This church is the largest wooden church in the world and was built in 1847. Funny, it doesn't look like a wooden church but it is BEAUTIFUL nonetheless.



Laura from Finland sent me this beautiful card. This card along with some of the others from Finland sure make me want to go and see this beautiful country to the north. I love the way the trees frame the picture. Laura said she knew that I liked nature and the woods so she thought I would enjoy this card. And yes, Laura, this is one of my favorites. Thanks again, Laura.

No comments: