Friday, October 3, 2008

Jackpot!

Finally, I hit the jackpot on postcards. I got 4 yesterday. Three were official postcrossing cards and one postcard was from a private swap. However, I did not get to post my postcard from Wednesday on my blog so that will be included for a total of 5 postcards. Wow!
Claudia sent me this BEAUTIFUL postcard of the Rome Forum. Although I am not the biggest fan of cats, I do like they way they are displayed in this picture. My dog, Charlie could have a field day chasing them around the ruins!

The stamp above brought me the postcard. Note the UNICEF symbol in the upper left hand corner. Thanks again, Claudia for the card and the stamp.



My first postcard yesterday comes from Portland Oregon. He signed his name with his postcrosser username, Zakureth (well, lets hope that is his user name and not his REAL name!).
Anyway, I laugh out loud when seeing this card. Zakureth said, "What can I say, this picute just amuses the heck out of me. I hope you enjoy it too." Yes, Zakureth, I am enjoying this card. I also like it since it is my first "ad" card. Thanks.



I have been truly blessed with a number of fall postcards. I am thankful, especially since I was not able to travel up north this year to see the fall foliage personally. This BEAUTIFUL card comes from Terri B in West Virginia. This is from a private swap. Terri contacted me through postcrossing saying that she and her boys were trying to collect a postcard from all 50 states and was wanting to know if I would send her a Texas card. I was happy to do so and this is what I got in return. Thanks, Terri and blessings to you and your boys.



The last two postcards I received are both from Canada. The above postcard is from Caroline. She said that I was the first postcrosser she ever had to request anything MOOSE. She was happy to oblige. She continued to say that no, she doesn't have one in her backyard and yes, she does have running water up there in Canada. I noted that it is yet, another autumn card as well. Thanks Caroline, for your card and sharing your sense of humor.


This beautiful daffodil stamp brought me both of the Canadian postcards. I noticed the two stamps were alike immediately. Even before reading the postcards, I gathered they were both from the same place since they had the same stamp. And yes, I was correct.


Sage, a 10 year old young lady sent me this postcard. She said she loves animals, nature, reading, writing, art and playing the piano. She has three pets, a guinea pig named Rodney, a cat named Whiskers and a lovebird named Noel. She says that she hoped I liked the postcard. Yes, I do like the postcard Sage and I love your creativity as well. The postcard shows off your personality well. Keep up the good work!

No comments: