Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Puppies, Pansies and Joeys

I hit a second Jackpot yesterday receiving 5, yes, that is right, 5 postcards yesterday. That is the most I have received in one day since beginning postcrossing 4 months ago. Jenny from Dortmund, Germany sent me this cute little puppy postcard. She read that I like dogs and she said she likes dogs too. Her "fave" is the pug! However, she has a cat. She said she has a cat because they do not require as much time and attention as a dog (you don't say!).

More German critters as these little bunny rabbits were on the stamp that brought my puppy postcard to me. Thanks Jenny, for the little critters!

A pocket full of posies, I mean, pansies were sent to me by Ida in Finland. Aren't they pretty? She said that the cold, wet, winter weather has not come yet so it is still warm there in Finland. So, Ida, what do you consider "warm"?? Of course, here in Texas, pansies are very common here in the wintertime. They like the cold.

P.S. I was just informed by my mom by way of "comment"that pansies mean "friendship" which makes it a perfect subject for a postcrossing card. 10/16/08, 11:16 a.m.

Below is the stamp that brought me my pocketful of pansies from Finland. He looks like a carpenter of some kind. Thanks Ida, for sending me the beautiful card and stamp.This mama kangeroo and her little joey (baby kangeroo) were sent to me by Scott and friends who live in Melbourne, Australia (Down Under). I learned from my mom that a baby kangeroo is called a joey and then I looked on the back of the card, and sure enough, it says "kangeroo with joey". Isn't the joey just precious? Scott said "his friends" are his two cats. Thanks Scott, for sending me another "critter" card. I enjoy the critter cards.


I have cards of the following critters: hedgehog, ladybug, grizzley bear, moose, puppy, tropical fish, bunnies, a snail and now a kangeroo.

1 comment:

samjanice said...

Did you know that pansies mean
'friendship'?
Very good subject for a Postcrossing postcard!
MOM