Tuesday, September 30, 2008

One Day - Two Hemispheres

Another royalty stamp brought me my latest postcard. This stamp came on a postcard from sent by Ieva in Edinburgh, Scotland. She just recently moved to Edinburgh and says that she just loves it. What she likes most about the city is how it looks at night. The whole city lights up, Ieva said. The locals call it "the festive city" because of all the lights.

The picture on the postcard Ieva sent is the Forth Railway Bridge. It is just outside the city near the Firth (estuary) of Forth (river). Construction began on this suspension bridge in 1879 and was open for railway business in 1890. Thanks, Ieva, for the card of the amazing Forth Railway Bridge.

The second postcard I received yesterday comes from Sao Paulo, Brazil. This is my second card I have received from Sao Paulo. David sent me this postcard that shows three of the major buildings in this large metropolis. He even put the names of the buildings. The Italia building is on the left, the Copan building (wavy building) in the center and the Hilton hotel to the right (circular building). Thank you David, for letting me see yet another part of this fabulous city.




No comments: