Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Germany, Finland, Sweden or Florida

I received three postcards in the mail yesterday. One from Florida, one from Germany and one from Finland. You can read on and see why I put Sweden in the title of this blog entry.


Leena from Pietarsaari Jakobstad in Finland sent me this first card. Isn't it a beautiful place? Leena said this is the town that she is studying in. She is studying International Business. The town, Leena said, is located on the west coast of Finland, just across the sound from Sweden. She said the town is pretty much bilingual. That is why the town has two names. Pietarsaari is Finnish and Jakobstad is Swedish. She said it feels funny to be the minority in her own country - over 50% of the town's population speaks Swedish as their native tongue. Thanks, Leena for sharing a piece of your world with me.
This is the cool stamp that brought Leena's card to me. Get it?? It's a stamp for "snail mail." What could be more appropriate? I think it is adorable!


My second card from yesterday comes from Jasmina who lives in Wiedenbruech which is just to the northeast of Dusseldorf. Jasmina says she likes to play with her cat, swim, play other sports and laugh alot. I like to laugh too, Jasmina. Thanks for sharing. Wiedenbruech does look romantic, almost like out of a fairy tale (maybe a Brothers Grimm fairy tale?).

And this is the lovely stamp that brought Jasmina's card to me. Appropriate, don't you think that there is a bleeding heart flower on a stamp about a romantic place!




And now, for the last postcard of the day, we travel back to the United States to see a beautiful sunset from the Florida Gulf Coast. Stephanie from Freeport sent me this postcard. Nice, peaceful way to end the day. Stephanie said that she did not have much to write about because she was so tired. I think a peaceful sunset would make me tired too.

Thanks, Stephanie for a glimpse of another part of the Gulf Coast.

No comments: