Tuesday, October 21, 2008

From the Pacific to the Atlantic

I am a little behind again on my blogging (or blobbing, as my mom calls it)so I am going to try and catch up. One of the latest cards is from a private swap from my friend Carolynne in Stockton, California. This is the third postcard from Hawaii that I have received from her. She says that she really likes Hawaii. I hope to get the chance to see Hawaii in person some day. Thanks again Carolynne for sending me pictures of the beautiful isles of the Pacific Ocean.

Another card I received comes from the Atlantic Ocean side of the United States. Lindsay from Miami Beach sent this card to me. She said that Miami Beach is the tropical playground of Florida and contains the largest concentration of 1920s and 1930s resort architecture in the world. The place below is the only designated Art Deco National Historic District in the United States. Let's Rock Around the Clock, Lindsay.

Now, let's take a trip across the Atlantic Ocean to Europe. Zaltbommel, The Netherlands to be exact. Jannie sent me the postcard below. Zaltbommel is not only a tourist area of the The Netherlands but is also a historical industrial distict. Zaltbommel was an original member of The Hanseatic League. The building below is an old cigar factory. You can also see a steeple of a cathedral in the background. Thank you, Jannie for sharing a part of Holland's history with me.



The last card I received on Saturday was from Lena who lives in Haarlem, Holland. Lena had contacted me several weeks ago stating that she had sent me a homemade postcard but that I had not registered it. She wondered if it got lost in the mail. I told her that I had not received it and therefore, probably did get lost in the mail.

To my surprise, she sent me another one - a handmade one! As you can see, it was well worth the wait. I feel very honored to receive this beautiful card from Lena. Thanks, Lena, for taking the time and using your creative talents to brighten my day.

No comments: