Friday, November 14, 2008

Nordsee, Joutsa and a Westie

"Hello from the nort part of Germany" was the beginning of the greeting on the back of this beautiful postcard. Hella sent this card to me. She and her husband along with her kids have a "pension" in the norther part of Germany. A "pension" is like an inn or Gasthaus. Hella said that you could go to this website and see a picture of it and read about it: www.nordseeseiten,de/kb_pension_bessel.htm. Boy, would that be a great vacation during any season! Thanks Hella, for the wonderful card.

Another picturesque postcard from Finland. This card comes from Raija who lives in Joutsa. This is a very small town with a population of about 4,000. It is not too far from Helsinki and is known for its beautiful lakes and outdoor recreational activities. Sounds like a fun place to me! Thanks for sharing your part of the world with me, Raija.

Above is the beautiful first class stamp that brought Raija's card to me.

Now, this little cutie pie comes from Ludmila who lives in the Czech Republic. Cutie pie has a name and his/her name is Gilinka according to his/her owner, Ludmila. I am just not sure if that is the name of a boy or girl. Either way, Ludmila is a true dog lover. She owns several other dogs besides Gilinka here.


Ludmila is new to postcrossing and I was the fortunate person to receive her first postcard that she sent. She has a website as well that has lots of other dog postcards on it. She has cards to sell and other dog cards just to browse through for your enjoyment. I feel very honored, Ludmila that I am the first recipient of your first postcard and hope it is one of many more postcards that you send and receive.


Ludmila's card was also my first card that I have received from the Czech Republic so we both had two "firsts" with this card. I was excited to see the two stamps that came with Gilinka. As you can see, the birds on the right are raptors. I love raptors. It looks like a cat and dog playing with a ball on the stamp to the left. Wonderful, wonderful. Thanks again, Ludmila.

No comments: