Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Goose, Geese, Moose, Meese?


When first glancing at this postcard in my mailbox, I thought it was a horse, but when you look at the baby and mama more closely, you can see that they are definitely moose, or mooses or meese, whatever you call them! Kristi from Harjumaa, Estonia sent me this postcard and told me that she picked it out just for me since I like moose. Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Kristi.


And here is the stamp and postmark that brought mama and baby moose to me.



"Z" (that is how she signed the card) sent me this bull moose. She asked me on the card how I fell in "love" with moose? She said, "I myself had my first moose sighting on a trip to Canada and was lost forever. :D Though never had the chance to see another wold moose again! Although the card says Vermont, Z actually lives in southern Florida! It's nice to know that there are other "southerners" who love moose besides me!

On the postmark of this card, there was a quote from John Adams, 1765: "Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write." Yes, let's! Isn't that part of what postcrossing is all about?

No comments: