Tuesday, November 4, 2008

From Finland, Of Course

Next to the United States, Finland is the country with the most members on postcrossing.com. Therefore, I send and receive alot of postcards from Finland. Mom and I always have a laugh when we ask each other where we got a postcard from because, of course, we get alot from Finland. But I do not mind. Since joining Postcrossing, I have found Finland to be one of the most beautiful places I have seen. I would love to go there someday.

So, of course, my latest card that I received yesterday comes from Laura who lives in Helsinki. As you can see, there are a number of cathedrals/churches on this card. Laura says that the Finnish word for church is "Kirkko". I am amazed at how many postcards I have received of the cathedrals. It is nice to know that people are reading my profile and trying to find postcards that I like - particularly, churches. Laura also said that my username, Cinnamon reminds her of a summer she spent in the US in Kansas as a foreign exchange student. She said that she and her host mom would spend alot of time baking. Cookies, muffins, cakes and of course, cinnamon rolls. She said she also made the Finnish version of cinnamon rolls for her host family. Thanks, Laura, for sharing a part of your life with me.


This is the stamp that brought Laura's card to me. This card celebrates the 150the anniversary of book publisher Kirjan Kustannus which is the largest general publisher in Finland. Read on!

No comments: