Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Curitiba, Brazil


Vinni from Ponta Grossa, Parana, Brazil sent me this latest postcard. It is a picture of a pedestrial only street in the capital city of the state of Parana in Brazil known as Curitiba. Vinni says it is about 20 kilometers from her home. Curitiba is the largest city in Southern Brazil and is known for its urban planning. The city has many parks and many streets such as this one that are for pedestrians only thereby, cutting the automobile traffic in the inner city.

Below are some more of those wonderful Brazilian stamps that show various occupations. Of course, the one on the left is a manicurist. The stamp on the left is a shoe shine boy (engraxate).



Vinni wrote that she would be interested in doing a private card swap with me so she said she would send me a second card. Here it is, this beautiful cathedral. She said that she did not have any beautiful cathedral cards like she has seen elsewhere but she hoped I liked it. Well, Vinni, I do not know what you have seen, but I think this cathedral is AWESOME. I love the way the lights shine on it at night. Thanks, Vinni, for both postcards and I will be sending you one as soon as I get some more stamps!


Below are the stamps that brought the cathedral postcard to me. Note the shoe shine boy stamp. The stamp on the left has something to do with the celebration of 200 years of justice in the military courts - as best as I can read portugese!

No comments: