Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Many Faces of Northern Europe

My two latest postcards come from the Netherlands (Holland) and Finland. Auke from Almere, Holland sent me the above view. Almere is a town near Amsterdam. Auke says that this postcard has "some typical dutch views." And I love each one of these dutch views. Along with lighthouses, windmills are one of my favorite views! Thanks again, Auke!
Niina (no, that is not a misspelling) from Vaala, Finland sent me the postcard below. She said her country is very beautiful and that they have four seasons (wish we had that in Texas!) and it is currently autumn. Her town has a population of only about 3500 but she thinks it is great because almost everybody knows each other.
The church is this picture is known in Finland as Saraisniemen Kirkko. Thanks again, Niina.

No comments: